100 Williams Drive
Industry: Other Area(s)
Job Number: 200
Pay Rate: 130,000
This candidate will be responsible for leading a team of Product Managers within the Production and Industrial print groups. The Director, Product Management has the responsibility of managing multiple products at various stages in their individual life cycles, and at the same time investigates new and profitable opportunities for growth in the competitive and growing segments of print, such as (but not limited to) digital label, packaging and the decorative markets. This role is pivotal in the continued transformation of to a more profitable industrial and higher end commercial print business.
Major facets of the job include launch and support of products via coordination with multiple departments/operating areas in a highly dynamic environment, in order to prepare for commercialization and generate sales of the target products.
This includes the coordination of Pricing creation, Sales Training, Technical Training and Support, Marketing Communication (e.g. marketing materials, blogs, press releases, website development etc.), Administration, Logistics, Promotional Opportunities, Product Planning and maintaining relationships with third party business partners.
Here are some key responsibilities of the Director, Product Management:
- Strong team leadership inclusive of current Graphics Communication business, as well as new Industrial print businesses, such as MGI, Label business and KM-1.
- Whole lifecycle management from concept to EOL, with ultimate responsibility for successful launch and commercialization of new and current products.
- Planning, assigning and directing workloads of product managers, with the responsibility of appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining product managers.
- Conducting necessary training sessions and/or meetings to meet individual and team goals to accelerate the team’ s professional growth and advancement
- Collaborative efforts between Product Management and line of business teams responsible for sales success
- Management of existing product lines, increasing profitability and setting of Profit and Loss goals.
- Conduct competitive analysis and develop a strong understanding of the market to drive development decisions.
- Establish metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvements.
- Develop relationships with customers to define and refine product requirements.
- Develop and manage relationships with representatives in all channels, inclusive of Direct, Dealer and Industrial Print to better understand customers’ needs
- Maintain product and market knowledge with analysis to keep abreast of market trends.
- Development and execution of tactical plans.
- Act as product evangelist both internally and externally.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Director, Product Management will be responsible for collaborating with the VP, Product Management and Planning on the following:
- Aggressively identify opportunities for improvement and incorporate new product features on an on-going basis. Define market opportunities and develop product briefs.
- Responsible for the development of pricing and presenting pricing and product information to the VP, Product Management and Planning.
- 3rd Party relationship management for both Production Print and Industrial print businesses
- New business development / IP business, to build new businesses such as own wide format and / or textile businesses for continued growth in the market
- Work with our product planning team to ensure KMI is in the right direction
- Creation of product strategy, product roadmaps and specification of product requirements.
- On-going development of the product vision and strategy. Synthesize ideas on strategy, planning and execution of next generation of products. Building consensus and driving execution.
- Help create and revise policies and procedures to help better utilize all employees’ time in an effort alleviate duplication of efforts and maximize team performance.
- Analyze, refine and improve the Product Launch Process (for both Printer and MFP), to ensure consistency across all areas of responsibility.
- Strong leadership skills required
- Strong communication skills, inclusive of written communication
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strict attention to detail
- Strong management and Product Manager coaching capability
- 10 plus years’ experience in the Graphic Communications or Industrial Print Market