The successful candidate will provide the ongoing maintenance and support of the various LAN/WAN, telephony, video and server environments throughout the firm. As a part of the team, the successful candidate will be responsible for proactively monitoring the reliability and performance of network infrastructure, and diagnose and repair problems.
Note: For the Network Engineer, the person must be expert-level Cisco but also familiar with other technologies and aspects of the network… TC/VC (Polycom), Active Directory, Exchange. They should have experience with building a network from the ground up. We need someone who will do proactive monitoring and not be a “ 9-5” person, understanding that this role involves a significant amount of “ on call” time.
• Bachelor’ s degree in Information Technologies or similar discipline required;
• 2 to 4 years of experience in both Cisco and Microsoft infrastructures required;
• Hands-on experience in the administration of Cisco routers and switches, firewalls (ASAs), IPT (Cisco Call Manager), multi-segment networks and MPLS WANs;
• Hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, Exchange and SQL;
• Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair Cisco LAN/WAN hardware; Microsoft Windows Server operating system;
• Technical knowledge of telecommunications, network and PC operating systems;
• Technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards;
• Experience with VMWare and Storage platforms, Microsoft Unified Messaging and Polycom audio and video conferencing a plus;
• Network security experience a plus;
• Cisco and Microsoft Certifications are a plus;
• Exceptional organization skills, strong attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving required;
• Excellent technical writing and documentation skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills required;
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work independently, in a team environment, and with vendors and clients required;
• Sound judgment capability;
• Physical activity, including the ability to lift equipment up to 50 pounds;
• Possession of a valid driver’ s license and access to reliable transportation for travel to branch office locations; and,
• This position requires work Monday through Friday with on-call, and occasionally in the office, evenings and weekends.