22 Sylvan Way
Industry: Other Area(s)
Job Number: 134
Pay Rate: 135,000
The Senior Desktop Support Manager is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and management of desktop support solutions and processes in support the Information Technology services. Responsibilities include strategic selection and implementation of desktop end user support solutions, selection and management of support partners and tools, the management of day-to-day end user support activities, and ownership of issue escalations and resolution. Additionally, this individual will work with other the IT End Users Support leaders to ensure a world-class End User experience including computing hardware, support processes and SLA attainment. This position will lead and manage an end user support team of technical specialists, and will be accountable for alignment of priorities and resources with business direction. This position is also responsible for leading and driving end user focused projects including PC Refresh, new technology implementations, and break/fix tasks across various locations.
The ideal candidate is a strong people leader and consensus builder with a focus on delivering outstanding customer service and consistent processes. He or she must also be able to coordinate disparate drivers, personalities and cultures, while maintaining objectivity and a strong understanding that IT is a key contributor to all business activities.
- Oversees the development and progress of all desktop technicians within each tier of Desktop Support ensuring appropriate client communication, incident documentation, proper escalation processes, incident prioritization and SLA attainment.
- Responsible for filtering and resolving escalated issues within the Desktop Support; act as main point of contact for personnel to resolve issues beyond their skill set, knowledge, etc.
- Implement and manage a data driven approach to support, using metrics to measure and optimize support activities. Design, develop and implement user training offerings based on support data.
- Communicate day-to-day activities and challenges to Management
- Engage internal teams and 3rd party vendors to resolve computer and/or application performance issues
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise and Training to Internal/External Departments including the Service Desk and other support focused teams
- Stay current with industry changes in hardware, software, and security
- Mentor/develop/motivate staff with ongoing evaluation of direct staff for required skills and experience.
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Leadership qualities and skills
- Demonstrated success in establishing and implementing support processes and standards
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to collaborate with peers, leaders, employees and vendors (on-site and remote)
- Experience with Budget development
- Must be able to work independently and in a team
- Strong problem analysis skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of and experience with service-based processes and metrics
- Understanding of current PC deployment and support technology
- Strong understanding of networking, desktop management, and information security
- High level of process ownership
- Stress tolerance
- Bachelor' s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 or more years’ managing a large (12+), remote IT Desktop Support team
- 5 or more years’ in IT field with progressive leadership responsibilities
- 3 or more years’ experience with PC lifecycle management in a large environment
- 1 or more years’ experience with medium to large IT project management
- 5 or more years’ experience supporting Microsoft PC Operating Systems and Microsoft Office
- 3 or more years’ experience supporting Mac OS X and iOS
- 3 or more years’ supporting Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) including Citrix
- ITIL v3 Foundations (or higher) required
- HDI Desktop Support Manager (HDI-DSM) a plus