Senior Jira Developer/ Data Architect
Summit, NJ 07922 US
Senior Jira Developer/ Data Architect
As a JIRA developer, you develop and maintain automation workflows, develop plugins to extend JIRA capabilities, build dashboards for JIRA Connect add-ons, configure custom fields, create custom preset filters, test outcomes, and identify defects. This position fills an essential role in supporting the strategic mission of the enterprise JIRA and Confluence organization as part of the larger Enterprise Project and Portfolio Management group. The candidate will develop analytic and reporting enablement solutions and engineer solution for deep integration of the Atlassian suite to internal and external systems and services. The processes and analytics supported by this application are an integral part of management’s ability to manage projects and assess and monitor the enterprise investment portfolio. This position engages with the global stakeholders daily to assess their requirements and designs/develops solutions that help move the organizations capabilities forward.
- Document and maintain architectural design, technical configuration, and mapping.
- Document and maintain best practices, standards, and processes for managing the Atlassian systems and services.
- Manage and drive the capture of requirements and design of business metrics, data definitions and data standards.
- Manage monitoring / governance of business data against desired dimensions of quality, availability, etc.
- Expertise with defining overall architecture for access and security, metadata management, and retention/archival.
- Create and maintain logical and physical data model structures to enhance performance of the application by creating aggregation and summarization structures.
- Understanding of key concepts related to master data management, data standards and data organizations preferably including IT data modeling.
- Customer Focus & Adaptability
- Effective communication
- Team and Collaborative Working
- Process re-engineering with a Solution mindset
- Champion continuous improvement
- Learning Aptitude
- Strong ability to design and deliver enterprise business intelligence platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science preferred.
- 8+ years of experience working with Atlassian JIRA, including tool administration and customization and data from varied sources, evaluating dimensions, building relationships and hierarchies, relating data across sources, etc.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, ETL and BI architectures, concepts, and frameworks.
- Knowledgeable with DB technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server.
- Required to lead/assist efforts to resolve data quality problems collaborating with process owners, subject matter experts and data stewards.
- Must have Skills:
- Experience with query and reporting tools (i.e., Toad, SQL Developer, Tableau, Power BI, etc.).
- Experience developing templates, custom forms, and attributes.
- Experience in Requirements Collection, Documentation, Solution Architecture, Design, Development and Deployment Lead and facilitate the capture business and technical requirements and defines target solution design
- Experience working in an agile development environment a plus.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills; ability to work effectively with offsite and offshore teams.
- Must demonstrate the maturity and confidence to interface with all levels of management.
- Nice to have skills:
- Knowledgeable with Portfolio and Project management functions and processes including the fundamental aspects of reporting and analyzing an investment portfolio, progress, health and other metrics that are deemed important to management.
- Experience in data warehousing, including experience working with ETL processes, relational and OLAP structures and dimensional modeling.
- Experience with OLAP technologies (i.e., Oracle OLAP, SSAS, etc.)
- A strong understanding of Master Data Management.
- Map out enterprise data systems/objects and define/design required ETL systems/processes.