The Senior Database Administrator has hands-on responsibility for the daily operation of all SQL databases at the firm including environment support and management, monitoring and tuning, and working with enterprise database technologies. The position will also support and lead initiatives in database management, data architecture, and business intelligence. The ideal candidate will have experience within the financial industry and extensive experience/exposure assisting with front, middle, and back-office business application deployments, and not simply IT systems. Sr. DBA – must see the “ BIG PICTURE” – working with developers, database group, infrastructure group nad the business to ensure policy, procedure, efficiency & stability across multiple business units.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• Subject matter expert of the end-to-end operational design and methodology behind the entire environment, and technical resource for operations, technology and management staff
• Expected to be hands-on in all database-related activities, including: daily maintenance; driving problem resolution; participate in technical calls; and contributing to technology solutions
• Ensure uptime and availability (replication, clustering, mirroring, etc.), and develop and manage data flows within the environment (archiving, business reporting, data warehouses, etc.)
• Promote data standards, system procedures and security policies, and best practices, e.g. Dev/UAT/Prod environments and QA & release control, and access/rights certifications
• Collaborate with business user groups and Development and System Administration teams to plan and communicate rollouts/releases/patches, optimize/streamline Development processes and decisions, and bridge knowledge gaps between database systems and business applications
• Minimum 10 years of experience administering MS SQL Server over a Windows Server enterprise environment, in both OLTP and OLAP environments for the financial industry
• Solid/Expert knowledge of DBA tasks in SQL Server – must be able to perform installations, tuning and optimization, monitoring, backup/restore, troubleshooting, data replication, D/R & business continuity, clustering, and trend/growth analysis
• Minimum 5 years of experience with data security techniques/measures, including user and role permissions and auditing, penetration and vulnerability tests, and restricting SQL access
• Ability to develop/employ tools that proactively identify database issues
• Experience supporting 24x7 production environments and case tracking/escalation tools
• Experience with any Business Intelligence (BI) tools (e.g. Microsoft OLAP/SSAS) desired
• Knowledge of IIS, SQL Server Notification Services, VB Scripting, Data warehousing in the Financial Services industry, and Sharepoint is a plus
• A Bachelor’ s Degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science
• MCDBA (Microsoft Certified Database Administrator) preferred
• (Financial database experience a plus (i.e. Portia, Charles River, Cadis, etc.)
• This person is the " go-to" person for every database in the firm.
• Will join our IT team. Small team, so everyone wears multiple hats to work collaboratively. Candidate will be only DBA on team.