| Direct Hire
Post Date: 04/09/2018
Job ID: 273
Industry: Other Area(s)
EDI Manager is a hands-on expert for design, development, maintenance and support of EDI applications, solutions, interfaces and all EDI maps. EDI Manager will own and oversee the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) business strategy, the adoption of EDI interactions with external constituents and the definition of new electronic-based capabilities.
In addition, EDI Manager will also support continuous improvements to existing EDI Operations, manage and perform day-to-day work activities and oversee project management of all companywide EDI initiatives. This role will also be responsible for managing strategic EDI vendor relationships, vendor operational metrics and overall contractual agreements.
- Formulate and define best practice programming standards that meet regulatory compliance requirements for Implementation, Support and Upgrade Projects.
- Working closely with Functional Leads to determine optimal programming solutions to functional requirements in O2C, R2R and P2P process areas.
- Perform systems analysis, configuration, requirements gathering, unit and integration testing and support of interfaces between SAP and other non-SAP applications.
- Translate functional requirements into technical specifications and solutions.
- Identify and recommend new EDI features/tools and design and develop optimal solution to address business requirements.
- Working closely with Testing/QA Lead to execute system unit testing, supporting integration testing, and regression testing for all business processes.
- Research new EDI technologies and provide ideas for technical or workflow / process improvements.
- Develop & implement solutions using established SDLC methodology.
- Document and maintain a solution portfolio and identify opportunities for solution re-use.
- Identifies opportunities to re-engineer existing solutions to better utilize technology, optimize performance, and simplify support.
- Manage and coordinate work of consultants when necessary.
- Develop best practices and specific internal procedures and standards to develop and support EDI applications and activities like on-boarding new customer/vendor EDI and making changes to exiting EDI relationships with customers and vendors.
- Mentor EDI Developers/support team members on technical issues and best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of EDI and digital business processes, practices and procedures within a retail environment
- Strong EDI programming skills with minimum 6 years' experience in application integration development.
- At least two full life-cycle EDI implementations required.
- Create, configure, test, deploy and maintain interfaces for EDI Scenarios for Inbound and Outbound Processing with respect to SAP IDOC, with EDI format such as ANSI X12, EDIFACT.
- Strong hands-on experience on mapping tools like Java, XSLT, XML tools.
- Knowledge of SAP interfacing technologies ALE/IDocs preferred.
- Experience with standard communication protocols, Service Oriented Architecture.
- IS-Retail experience preferred.
- Self-motivated, team player with ability to work and manage offshore resources.
- Ability and experience of working in a transforming environment.
- Excellent Analytical, problem solving, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service organization and conflict management skills
- Bachelor' s degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field of study from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of management experience in EDI area.