One Mediacom Way
| Direct Hire
Post Date: 10/27/2016
Job ID: 154
Industry: Other Area(s)
The Data Warehouse (DW) Informatica/ETL Developer is responsible for independently performing moderately to highly complex application development tasks and assignments, prepare detailed specifications, diagrams and other programming structures from which programs are written, and designs, codes, tests and debugs and documents moderately to highly complex programs and applications, in addition to performing application maintenance tasks.
- At least 3-5 years in technical development roles in a Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence environment:
- Development using Informatica Powercenter
- Scripting (VB, Powershell, Unix shell, Bash, etc)
- Medium to Complex data loads and extracts from Oracle/SQL Server/Flat files
- Specific software skills:
- ETL tools, such as Informatica, DataStage. SSIS.
- Exposure to Data Models, such as ERWin.
- Possess great attention to detail while also being flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment and changing priorities.
- Responsible for the design, development, documentation of ETL processes
- Participate in ETL Design sessions with the team
- Participate in the design of new or changing mappings and workflows and produce technical specifications.
- Responsible for the analysis, data profiling, development, and integration of disparate systems throughout all phases of the project life cycle
- Work as part of a team delivering high quality and efficient integration solutions
- Assist in ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing and other ETL related activities
- Provide technical knowledge of extract, transform and Load solutions for different projects
- Implement best practices and tune for optimization
- Complete assignments in a timely manner.
GENERAL BUSINESS COMPETENCIES
- Strong Communication Skills
- Dependability and Adaptability
- Ability to work in Team / Collaborative Setting
- Technical Proficiency