1271 Avenue of the Americas, 38th Floor
| Direct Hire
Post Date: 02/01/2017
Job ID: 178
Industry: Other Area(s)
The Web Applications Development Manager will be responsible for leading a team of talented developers to deliver innovative business technology solutions for the company.
In terms of development, must be a master of easy to setup builds, the test pyramid, and mocking technologies all in the context of a CI pipeline.
- 8-10 years of software engineering experience.
- 3+ years leading teams of 2-5 software engineers
- Strong knowledge and experience in web application architecture and best practices.
- Work with internal business clients and Business Analyst to develop market leading business solutions
- Strong knowledge and experience with CI (preferably Jenkins), DevOps (preferably Chef and Docker), Agile.
- NodeJS, Java application backend development, Python
- Nginx, SqlServer (and document/KV stores such as Redis and Mongo).
- Front ends should include AngularJS, Ember and React.
- Must be able to work on both the UI and server side pieces
- Collaborate across teams to understand and improve our technical best practices
- Adeptness with well factored unit tests, and the mocking or stubbing of appropriate boundaries
- Expertise in TDD, XP, Agile SDLC, code reviews, continuous delivery and pairing
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Love of patterns and practices