Post Date: 06/05/2018
Job ID: 282
Industry: Other Area(s)
The Business Warehouse (BW) Analyst would deliver BW initiatives/projects and will provide technical and business expertise in terms of solution development and implementation in terms of report development
The role will primarily interface with the Business Intelligence, Enterprise Architecture, ERP, PMO and Infrastructure groups to deliver these initiatives. The role responsibilities include business requirements analysis, solution design, program development and unit testing, quality testing, UAT coordination and overall day to day issues/support management and system monitoring which may include coordination with an offshore development team and system support. This role functions within a matrix organization.
- Responsible for technical analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment of reporting capabilities for maintenance and enhancement of SAP BW 7.4 on HANA or above to support business analytics and reporting requirements
- Should be able to work independently in analyzing data requests, documenting business requirements and designing reporting solutions related to BW
- Independently gathers, analyzes, and identifies opportunities for enhancements, works closely with Business and Technology partners to seek and provide smart resolution to business issues
- Translate the user requirements into functional and technical design, application configuration and testing scenario’ s.
- Develop/Build extractors, ADSOs, Composite Providers, CDS and Open ODS Views including Bex queries to meet business requirements.
- Develop ABAP programs, user exits, routines and activate business content.
- Performance tuning for high volume and complex information delivery scenarios
- Adhere to BI/BW best practices and standards to maintain a stable Business Information environment
- Monitor BW runs, communicate and troubleshoot issues related to BW
- Optimize end-user data access response times
- Design processes to minimize data quality risks and proactively identify potential data issues
- Prepare project related documentation (functional design, technical design, test scripts, end user training) during the different stages of a project
- Bachelor' s degree in Business (or Management), Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required
- Must have a minimum 6 years of technical experience with SAP BI/BW with 3 years of experience in BW 7.4 on HANA and higher
- Experience on Native HANA Modelling and Business Objects Suite preferred
- Experience in configuration of BW data objects including InfoObjects, InfoSources, Transformations, ADSOs, Composite Providers, CDS and Open ODS Views
- Experience in LSA++ architecture
- Experience of ABAP, SAP query, SQL
- Experience with BI/BW Upgrade projects
- Understanding of SAP ERP modules O2C, P2P, R2R
- Should be able to reconcile ECC data with BW data
Other Key Qualities and Skills
- Should be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Should be able to work in aggressive timelines
- Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills
- Strong process orientation with significant attention to detail