| Direct Hire
Post Date: 01/24/2018
Job ID: 258
Industry: Other Area(s)
The Support Technician will play a key role in providing front line support for our internal customers and is responsible for the planning, installation, and troubleshooting of computer hardware and software within a LAN environment. This position functions as a point of technical services contact for IT and is accountable for technical service request resolution, providing Level I and Level II support for end users equipment and software, file servers, networking, peripherals, and VOIP phones for both local and remote sites. Responsibilities include remote and desktop support, end user training, mobile device support and troubleshooting, monitoring, resolving and reporting/escalating after hour issues. Additionally, participates as a technical resource needed in both large and small projects and is responsible for the monitoring and coordination of the Help Desk Ticket System. Leads in educating and ensuring compliance for end users as it relates to security in accordance with HIPAA and HITECH standards.
· 2-3 years experience
· Previous corporate experience preferred
· Knowledge of ticketing systems,
Windows 10 – installing and troubleshoot
· Troubleshooting/resolving technical and software issues
· Set up and install lap/desk tops for new hires
· Software deployment
· Install all types of hardware
· Experience in a LAN environment
· VIOP phone exp
· Knowledge of VMware a plus
· Active directory
· Set up and troubleshoot mobile devices
- Respond to daily end user support requests, such as hardware, software, peripheral, mobile device, and VOIP phone issues for both on-site and remote users
- Ability to setup, configure, and roll-out hardware and software as needed
- Organize and maintain IT Inventory and assist in the deployment/retirement of hardware as needed
- Thoroughly document incidents and processes as directed and ensure that all tickets requiring follow up work and/or calls receive appropriate attention
- Maintain, analyze, and troubleshoot, software and computer peripherals
- Escalate all service requests and change orders that may require additional resources for timely closure or escalated priority.
- Complies with all IT Policies, Procedures and Standards including: Systems/Workstation Security, HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations associated with Electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI).
- Minimum of 2-3 years prior experience in a Technical Support capacity
- Ability to be part of an on-call rotation and work a flexible schedule as needed
- Bachelor’ s degree in related field, equivalent work experience in the IT field, and/or industry certification(s)
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide support over the phone for remote staff and customers
- Ability to be a flexible, team player and willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment are a must
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and perform manual labor as needed
- At least 2 years of hands on technical knowledge of laptop and desktop design and software installation experience in a break-fix environment
- Ability to complete all assigned tasks as scheduled including, but not limited to:
- Filling out Standard Checklists as required.
- Entering Service Requests into the call tracking system.
- Log all calls into the call tracking system ensuring that the user name and related details are recorded accurately.
- Escalating Service Requests to the appropriate group or individuals as detailed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Exceptional Customer Service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to adhere to procedure
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Office
- Experience using Office 365 is a plus
- Knowledgeable about endpoint protection and associated best practices
- Proficient with Mobile Devices, wireless networks, and peripherals such as printers, scanner, etc.
- Strong analytical, logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail