Under minimal supervision, work with mid and upper level management team as senior level Unix System Administrator, specifically with both AIX and Redhat Linux systems. The Unix System Administrator will be responsible for supporting all infrastructure hardware and software critical functions, specifically the application system environment. The candidate will assist in the design and configuration of IBM Pseries servers and HP X86 systems. This individual will perform tasks such as installing Virtual Machines using both IBM and VMware software, managing resources, patching, upgrading, monitoring, performance/tuning and problem determination/resolution for FMS3 and Single Sign On system environment.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in "1" above.
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
• Extensive years of experience in AIX specifically version 7. 1.
• Extensive years of experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
• Ability to provision bare metal installs, configure, operate and maintain systems.
• Perform OS upgrades and patch installations.
• Strong Shell scripting skills.
• Strong knowledge of Server virtualization, micro partitioning, Dynamic LP AR, LOOM, Zones, VMware VM.
• Strong Knowledge of PowerHA, GPFS and Oracle RAC Architecture, configuration and implementation.
• Performance Analysis and Tuning, Capacity Planning of AIX and RHEL.
• Experience with Symantec NetBackup and the support backup and Recovery for day to day operatons and Disaster Recovery.
VMware NetBackup implementation experience a plus.
• Experience with monitoring tools such as BMC Patrol.
• Ability to plan and prioritize work and meet project deadlines.
• Must be self-motivated and work well with other groups.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Working with an enterprise wide, large scale matrix environment.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills.