Business Analyst - SAP a must, also experience with Jira, confluence
Park Ridge, NJ 07656 US
Salary - $120-147k
7 yrs+ experience
SAP a must, also experience with Jira, confluence
Must have great communication skills – will be dealing with business sponsors
The Sr. Business Analyst will document technical solutions to business challenges, to advance the company’s efforts, by defining, analyzing and documenting requirements. The Sr. Business Analyst will follow the proper process and procedures by using the templated project artifacts and carrying out the project activities as stipulated by the IT Program Management Office
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: (Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), Use Cases, Use Interface Document)
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and capable of managing projects of various sizes and complexity
- Work independently with users to define concepts and partner with Project Managers
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Create test cases from user scenarios and assume the testing lead role when necessary
- Strong ability to collaborate with senior leadership, senior technologists, Business Partners and people at all levels to define business processes, analyze operational efficiencies, implement creative solutions and measure delivery results
- Understands the business processes associated with the project and ensure the solution is designed and built to meet business requirements
- Act as the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
Required Knowledge and Desired Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business (or Management), Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required
- Advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience with formal Business Analysis
- Recognized expert in discipline
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) certification required
- Experience with SAP
- Strong process orientation with significant attention to detail and ability to document complex business processes
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to participate in and lead "Virtual" teams
- Knowledge of relational databases, data warehousing, business intelligence, and CRM tools
- Experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Working knowledge of Project Management processes, tools, and techniques in an organization with multiple projects varying in size and complexity
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred