Front-End Engineer skilled in React.js and Next.js
Park Ridge, NJ 07656 US
Currently seeking a Front-End Engineer skilled in React.js and Next.js with specialized experience in developing and enhancing E-commerce websites to join our Digital Products team at our Corporate Headquarters in Park Ridge, NJ. The role requires that the individual to have a strong background in building an engaging, responsive, and highly functional user interface to achieve our premium digital brand experience.
- Develop and implement user interfaces using React.js and Next.js, ensuring a highly responsive and visually appealing user experience.
- Collaborate with product owners, UX/UI designers to understand user requirements and contribute to the product roadmap.
- Participate in design reviews and provide feedback on the feasibility and usability of designs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including back-end developers and other team members, to implement and iterate on features.
- Build reusable UI components in Storybook.
- Implement responsive design principles to ensure a consistent and enjoyable user experience across various devices and screen sizes.
- Optimize front-end components for performance, speed, and cross-browser compatibility to deliver a fast and smooth user experience.
- Develop ADA-compliant web applications.
- Stay updated on Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Conduct regular ADA compliance audits and address any accessibility issues.
- Embrace Agile methodologies to deliver software in short, iterative cycles, ensuring continuous feedback and improvement.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing project requirements and priorities.
- Integrate with E-commerce platforms and payment gateways to enable smooth and secure transactions.
- Implement product catalog displays, shopping carts, and checkout processes to enhance the overall E-commerce experience.
- Write and execute unit tests to ensure the reliability and robustness of front-end components.
- Conduct thorough testing of E-commerce functionalities, including order processing.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in E-commerce and front-end development.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or a related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience designing/developing distributed, scalable cloud-based solutions using serverless technologies with Node.
- Ability to innovate and provide functional applications with intuitive interfaces.
- Strong capability developing responsive sites using React.js and Next.js.
- Good understanding of ADA requirements and implementation.
- Experience with software versioning and release management using of code versioning tools (e.g., Git) and CI/CD pipelines.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to interpret complex business requirements and encapsulate business logic/rules into reusable libraries.
- Strong ability to exercise independent judgment, effectively prioritize, and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Experience working both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with cloud platforms preferably Azure
- Understanding of SEO best practices for E-commerce websites.
- Familiarity with AngularJS or other similar frameworks
- Familiarity with performance monitoring tools and optimization techniques.