Full-Stack Engineer with strong React and Node.js
Park Ridge, NJ 07656 US
Currently seeking a Full-Stack Engineer with strong React and Node.js skills to join our Digital Products team at our Corporate Headquarters in Park Ridge, NJ. The role requires that the individual be a self-starter acting as the subject matter expert for multiple digital platforms leading internal and 3rd party engineering teams in the delivery of our core digital products with an emphasis on Team and Technical Agility.
- Responsible for guiding engineers and other technical staff in the successful delivery and ongoing evolution of digital products. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in solution engineering. Drive product improvements by partnering with business partners and key stakeholders in defining and improving the customer experience. Will also be responsible for owning the technical implementation planning for digital products.
- Design and develop both internal and external facing APIs/RESTful services for Enterprise Application Integration of applications hosted on premise and in the cloud.
- Participate in all aspects of product development and design including performance, scaling, coding, caching, security, encryption, state management, error logging and testing.
- Work with product management and business analysts in an agile environment to ensure continual release of high value deliverables.
- Participate in full lifecycle development of software including analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, deployment and support.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Lead the development effort in building scalable, extensible, secure applications while employing best practices.
- Assist/mentor other developers with full stack enterprise application design and development strategies utilizing best practices.
- Integrate unit testing strategies and analyze application and database performance on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, resolving performance bottlenecks, and general debugging.
- Lead code reviews ensuring the team is consistently producing optimal code.
- Collaborate with platform vendors to assess and isolate issues.
- Evaluate new vendor platforms that may potentially be useful for future engagements.
- Proven experience leading software engineering teams. Must have the passion for being involved in the full cycle of product development - from ideation to deployment. Will serve as the SME for one or more digital products.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or a related field from an accredited college or university is preferred
- 3+ years of experience designing/developing distributed, scalable cloud-based solutions using serverless technologies with Node.
- 3+ years of experience of successfully leading teams of software engineers.
- Ability to lead hybrid teams composed of vendor and internal resources.
- Ability to complete all phases of SDLC including analysis, design, development, testing and support utilizing Scrum/Agile methodologies.
- Ability to innovate and provide functional applications with intuitive interfaces
- Strong capability developing responsive sites using React.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to interpret complex business requirements and encapsulate business logic/rules into reusable libraries.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated usage of object-oriented design concepts.
- Experience with software versioning and release management.
- Strong ability to exercise independent judgment, effectively prioritize, and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.