Mid Level Software Engineer
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677 US
Currently seeking a fullstack developer with strong .NET and database skills to join our Application Development team at our in Woodcliff Lake, NJ office. The role requires that the individual be a self-starter acting as the subject matter expert for our retailer facing digital platforms and key contributor in the delivery of our core digital products with an emphasis on Team and Technical Agility.
- Subject matter expert and key contributor to the successful delivery and ongoing evolution of digital products. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in solution engineering. Drive product improvements by partnering with business partners and key stakeholders in defining and improving the customer experience.
- Participate in full lifecycle development of software including analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, deployment and support.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Take a leadership role with the development effort in building scalable, extensible, secure applications while employing best practices.
- Assist/mentor other developers with full stack enterprise application design and development strategies utilizing best practices.
- Design and develop n-tier WPF applications, windows services and console applications using C#, SQL Server/SQLite, Entity Framework and Prism.
- Perform unit testing and analyze application and database performance on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, resolving performance bottlenecks, and general debugging.
- Participate in code reviews insuring the team is consistently producing optimal code.
- Learn and adhere to the SAFe concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or a related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience designing/developing desktop applications using WPF, C#, Entity Framework, Prism, and SQL integrations.
- Ability to complete all phases of SDLC including analysis, design, development, testing and support utilizing Agile methodologies.
- Ability to innovate and provide functional applications with intuitive interfaces.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to interpret complex business requirements and encapsulate business logic/rules into reusable libraries.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated usage of object-oriented design concepts.
- Experience with software versioning and release management.
- Working knowledge of Git and branching concepts.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication skills.