Network Security Engineer - Cisco Firewall Mgnt a MUST
MT Olive, NJ 07828 US
Cisco Firewall Mgnt a MUST
Looking for Network Security Engineer to work in their MT Olive, NJ location. The role of the Network Security Engineer is to provide security operations and design for a complex and mid-sized (~30 WAN sites) network infrastructure, including employee and customer facing hosted environments and cloud services. This person must provide expert technical assistance to team members and other managed personnel with high-level systems and network requests focusing on the security aspects of the network lifecycle. This role is responsible for designing, implementing, testing, and managing complex security infrastructure. Must have ability to drive complicated projects to successful completion. Supports a wide range of industry standard technology.
- Architecture, Design, and Implementation of Network Security Devices
- Working with the Information Security group to implement the rules and requirements that enforce corporate policies of data access.
- Expert understanding of how to install and configure core datacenter network security such as Firewalls and VPN devices
- Operational experience of Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) such as Zscaler, Proofpoint or Palo Alto to handle traffic classification and cloud-based security needs.
- Familiarity of network services to provide mission critical and redundant capabilities. (QoS, EIGRP, BGP,) and secure layer services such as DVPN over Internet.
- Understanding of the latest IT trends and understand how the business can benefit by providing technical direction to IT department with regards to network related items.
- Operational experience in Cloud based connectivity. Handling of traffic filtering based on rulesets. Continuously assessing risk and recommending solutions to ensure the integrity and resiliency of the enterprise network.
- Competent in justifying recommendations with cost/benefit analysis.
- Must demonstrate a mastery of producing and maintaining accurate network architecture documentation.
- Act as primary liaison with Information Security group to ensure proper and timely implementation of polices.
- Work with team colleagues to respond to threats, implement Day 0 responses and coordinate updates using appropriate tools.
- Manage all components of a large VPN WAN infrastructure, network security components and 3rd party packages supporting network infrastructure and security
- Must have detailed knowledge of commonly used application protocols such as SMTP, FTP, TFTP, SSH, etc…
- Operational Experience of networking concepts, configure routing (BGP, EIGRP), switching, DNS and DHCP technologies
- Maintenance (Network Security support)
- Experienced with routines for troubleshooting, debugging and restoring communications within the network
- Experienced with the terms of the vendor services, SLA’s and support protocols
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical 3rd party vendors to resolve issues.
- Proficient at network monitoring using industry standard tools (SNMP, Netflow/sFlow, etc…).
- Support for Operations
- Train and direct other network administrators or operators regarding security aspects
- Work with Lead Engineers to assist in troubleshooting problems and issues.
- Provide on call rotation to ensure support coverage as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned for support of network operations
Education: degree or certification in computer science or related field
Licenses/Certification/Registration: Industry networking security certification preferred. Cisco, Zscaler experience preferred.
Experience: 5+ years of network security experience, including firewall, ACL and cloud access management.
General Skills: Knowledge of and experience in designing large intricate fault tolerant networks.
Required Technical Proficiencies: Switching (Capacity Planning & VLAN’s), Routing (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIPv2), VPN Technologies, Wi-Fi technology, CASB Technologies, Firewall Management
Strong Knowledge of: Microsoft Windows Server (Active Directory), Linux, RADIUS, MSCHAP, Exchange, VMWare, Citrix, Terminal Services, Tripwire, CASB, Single Sign On.
· Position requires that the individual understand the impact of network Routing, Switches, Cloud connectivity, Firewalling and Wireless Access Points.
· Assist in complicated and involved projects; meeting deadlines and working with team members to provide networking communications to the business in a timely and reliable manner.
· Provide guidance for advanced configurations to Network associates.
· Ability to collaborate effectively with other infrastructure teams
· Take independent action to troubleshoot issues and network problems to successful resolution.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Ability to communicate and work with technical and non-technical staff #RecruitPS